Thienot X Penfold Champagne Brut Rose 75cl
This non-vintage Champagne Brut Rosé marks the fourth wine released in Penfolds collaboration series with Champagne House Thiénot. Produced by chef de cave Nicholas Uriel and Penfolds Chief Winemaker Peter Gago, and is composed off 50% Pinot Meunier, 30% Chardonnay and 20% Pinot Noir. The wine spends 4 years on lees with 90% of the blend made up from a 2016 base, with the remaining 10% coming from a 2015 reserve wine.
An ascent of (textbook) grenadine fruits – Avec raspberry, redcurrant, blackcurrant and strawberry. Sans pomegranate. And the citrus – pink grapefruit / mandarin marmalade. Inviting, exotic. Balanced, with an overt freshness – crispness up-front, and a delicate dosage imprint on finish. Relaxed acidity, friendly effervescence.
3 in stock